I have found that using an Android or iOS tablet (with a cellular data plan) to do Uber and Lyft is helpful.
- Easier to read the font. Especially the distance to the next turn.
- More map displays on the screen
- Frees up your cell phone to be used for
- Second map
- LiveSpeed app that shows what the speed limit is on current road
- Better to have two devices that can do Uber and Lyft in case one fails.
- Requires special mounting hardware. I used 6 magnets. One magnet on a suction cup arm and 5 magnets on my air vent.
- I needed to mount it to the left of my steering wheel so I could read the passenger’s name at the lower left of the screen without the steering wheel blocking the view.
- Brightness of screen needs to be just right to it’s not too glaring at night.